Toppel Career Center
The Toppel Career Center at the University of Miami is dedicated to providing lifelong career opportunities to UM Alumni. Our goal is to provide resources and support to help alumni achieve their career goals. We are here to help, every step of the way.
- Individual Advising- telephone and in-person appointments available with an Alumni Career Advisor
- Free for alumni (undergraduate or graduate) who graduated less than a year ago
- Fee-based for alumni who graduated over one year ago
- $25 fee for one, one-hour individual advising session
- $100 fee covers five, one-hour individual advising sessions or mock interviews
Non Fee-Based Services
- HireACane & online resources
- Career Expos & Fairs
- Programs (New Alumni Job Search Programs, Interview Skills, Networking, Career Panels, Career Development Series)
- Career Resource Library & Technology Lab
- Walk-in Resume & Cover letter review
- Employer Information Sessions
- On-Campus Recruiting
- Guides/Handouts - resume & interview guides, handbooks
- Reciprocity - allows alumni to benefit from the career services offered to students and alumni at other institutions across the country. Services available may differ among institutions. Contact a career center near you to inquire about their reciprocity policies and procedures.
Are you an alum that would like to Hire A Hurricane for full time and/or internship positions within your organization? Click HERE to learn how!