Develop Your Workforce
The School of Business works with its corporate partners to help them develop their workforces through a variety of degree and non-degree executive programs. Partners have access to the UMiami Consortium, a year-long workshop series designed to develop employees strategic leadership and management skills. Employees of all corporate partners have the opportunity to apply for scholarships for the School's MBA programs. Corporate partners also receive a preferred partner rate on the School's world-class co-branded and customized executive education programs and can receive a group rate on its graduate certificate programs. These programs include:
- Executive MBA Program - Ranked #33 in the U.S. by the Financial Times, 2009, the School's MBA program is designed for accomplished professionals who are ready to take their career to the next level. Participants gain insight and understanding into the business environment by acquiring a more global outlook and are better equipped to meet the challenges of today's business world. They become better negotiators, strategic thinkers and more effective team players in a variety of business related situations. Executive MBA programs are delivered on the Coral Gables main campus, in Puerto Rico and in Palm Beach, Florida. Learn more.
- Executive MBA in Health Sector Management and Policy Program - Ranked #4 in the U.S. by Modern Healthcare, this program emphasizes the development of business, technical, administrative, and leadership concepts as they apply to the health care industry. It is uniquely designed for physicians and others working in the health care industry. Learn more.
- Global Executive MBA in Spanish - this program, taught entirely in Spanish, is designed for senior-level Spanish-speaking professionals throughout Latin America. The program is delivered in seven two-week sessions over 18 months on the main campus in Coral Gables. It enables participants to enhance their business knowledge, improve their management skills and strategic decision-making abilities, and expand their professional network across Latin America. Learn more.
- Professional MBA Program - This program is designed for professionals with three to seven years of work experience who aspire to pursue a career in business or would like to strengthen their knowledge and skills in the fundamental disciplines of business to make them successful in today's competitive environment. An international perspective is integrated into a comprehensive business curriculum exposing students to global strategic thinking and analysis. Learn more.
- Graduate Certificate Programs - The School offers graduate courses leading to certificates in both general business and investments. The Graduate Business Certificate program provides professionals and graduate students an opportunity to add basic business courses to their portfolio. The program consists of four three-credit courses in functional areas of accounting, finance, management and marketing. Students can take one or more courses for credit and must satisfactorily complete all four courses to be awarded the certificate. Corporate Partner Program organizations sending five or more employees to participate in the Graduate Certificate Program have the opportunity to receive a corporate group rate. Learn more.
- Executive Education - The School’s Executive Education Programs emphasize strategic thinking for the rapidly changing business environment. Disciplines such as accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing and strategy are integrated into the courses in a way that enables senior executives to apply the lessons learned in classes to their daily business activity. The School offers three types of graduate-level programs that can be customized for specific industries or individual companies. Learn more.
- Customized MBA - The School of Business has developed company-specific MBA programs for American Express, IBM, Motorola, Siemens, W.R. Grace and other major corporations. The duration of the program ranges from 18 to 20 months, during which time classes meet on or off campus for two weeks every two months or on weekends.
- Professional Management Institute - This “mini-MBA” class meets for 20 days and covers specially selected course material from the School’s MBA programs. It is designed for busy senior executives who want to supplement their on-the-job experience with current, world-class business education.
- Customized Programs -The School works closely with companies to develop specific training solutions. Customized programs are created using a five-step process that begins with a needs assessment and ends with a post-training assessment. The programs typically include a combination of highly interactive classroom sessions, case discussions (developed specifically for the company), and small group exercises that encourage managers to use the learned tools in their jobs and become agents of change within their organizations. Corporate partners can receive a preferred partner rate on customized Executive Education programs. Learn more.