Family Business Certificate Program
Family businesses create an estimated 70% to 90% of global GDP annually. These unique forms of business ownership are characterized by emotional attachments and a strong desire to pass on the wealth across generations. However, family conflict, poor governance structures, and failure to plan for succession are some of the reasons why only a third of them pass successfully from the founder generation to the second generation, and only half pass from the second to the third.
By participating in the intensive three-day Family Business Certificate Program from the University of Miami School of Business Administration, business owners who are committed to sustaining family ownership over generations will:
• Understand how emotional attachment to the firm impacts strategic decisions and learn how to balance the emotional needs of the family with the financial needs of the business
• Learn how to communicate more effectively with family members and manage conflict
• Develop effective governance and ownership structures and prepare the next generation of family managers and leaders
Program Topics include:
- Family firm assessment
- Idiosyncrasies of the family firm & growth challenges
- Leadership and conflict within the family business
- Governance & succession
- Family business consulting
- Development of a family action plan
- Provides the opportunity to network with a range of participants from different countries and industries as well as family business leaders in Miami.
- Offers a customized plan for family businesses that enables them to become internally more effective and externally more competitive.
- Led by School of Business professors and industry leaders.
- Offered in both English or Spanish.*
*The May 2016 session will be delivered in Spanish.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants earn a certificate from the University of Miami School of Business Administration.
Program Dates: Coming Soon May 2017
For More Information
Call: 305-284-1354 | Toll Free: 1-855-403-3355