Welcome from the Dean
|Follow me on Twitter: @UM_businessdean|
Welcome! This is an exciting time for business schools, in general, and for the University of Miami School of Business Administration, in particular.
Business education is at an inflection point. After decades of success, business schools are now called upon to develop a new generation of ideas and leaders -- to address the unprecedented issues facing global business and society in the 21st century.
Our world needs men and women able to:
- Understand the forces shaping global business
- Work effectively in diverse teams, networks, cultures, and markets
- Foster innovation and turn ideas into action
- Navigate complexity, uncertainty, and accelerating change
- Act with the highest levels of ethical, social, and environmental responsibility
Global perspective. Multi-disciplinary thinking. Collaborative innovation. Stewardship mindset. While the traditional concepts and tools for which business school graduates have been so highly prized remain essential, this is the broader set of capabilities business leaders will require to succeed in the decades ahead.
The University of Miami School of Business Administration is uniquely positioned to be a leading force in this new world. We have great strengths to draw upon – a world-class faculty committed to excellence in research and teaching, the University’s rich collaborative spirit, a location that provides exceptional access to business and the fast-growing markets of Latin America, and an international network of high-achieving alumni and corporate partners.
The School has already established tremendous momentum by embracing this “Miami Advantage”:
- Our world-class faculty members are providing thought leadership through their research and the educational experiences they design.
- We are preparing students, business leaders, and organizations to respond to change and successfully compete in today’s increasingly complex and fast-moving global economy.
- We are growing a strategic portfolio of cross-disciplinary programs in areas such as entrepreneurship, health care, and real estate.
- We are connecting with international business, especially in the fast-growing markets of Latin America, and providing a unique set of international learning opportunities for our students.
- We are engaging with businesses and community organizations to make a positive difference in the world.
I encourage you to join us as we continue to thrive and grow as a learning community that defines excellence in business school scholarship and education for the 21st century.
I welcome your ideas and encourage you to share them with me.Eugene W. Anderson