The foundation of our strategy is our commitment to creating and disseminating high-impact intellectual capital – ideas that can change the world.
Our faculty members are involved in conversations at the forefront of their fields, exchanging ideas with other thought leaders worldwide. They share these ideas with our students in the classroom and with the global community outside. It is a commitment we share with leading business schools situated in research universities worldwide and one that distinguishes us from other university-based as well as for-profit institutions.
In recent years, the School has attracted new faculty from some of the world’s leading business schools and universities including Harvard University, MIT, the University of Michigan, Duke University, Yale University, and Carnegie Mellon University. In its 2011 rankings of Executive MBA programs, the Financial Times ranked the School’s faculty and research No. 25 in the U.S., while the International Business Review named one of the School’s professors the world’s No. 1 international business scholar.
The School disseminates its thought leadership through its academic programs, as well as consulting and community outreach through its centers of excellence such as the University’s Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER), its Center for Health Sector Management and Policy, and its Johnson A. Edosomwan Leadership Institute.
The School regularly hosts impact conferences, a Network & Learn series, and Executive-in-Residence programs that enable faculty and students to exchange ideas with members of the business community. Recent and upcoming events include:
- University of Miami Global Business Forum
- University of Miami Real Estate Impact Conference
- Financial roundtables in partnership with the CFO Alliance
- University of Miami Behavioral Finance Conference
- Business conferences in partnership with the Puerto Rico Chamber of Commerce, including the E³ Summit of the Americas 2011 and the Puerto Rico Health & Insurance Conference 2012
- Interdisciplinary Seminars for Family Enterprise Professionals 2011 in partnership with the Family Firm Institute
The School’s world-class faculty is directly involved in the design and delivery of customized executive education programs in such areas as leading in turbulent times, managing across cultures, global sales strategies, and creativity and market innovation, among others.