- The use of accounting information in resolving incentive problems in organizations
- Corporate governance and board structure
- Earnings management
“CEO Tenure and the Performance-Turnover Relation,” with Shane Dikolli and Bill Mayew, Review of Accounting Studies, forthcoming.
“Nonprofit Boards: Size, Performance and Managerial Incentives,” with Rajesh Aggarwal and Mark Evans, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol. 53, No. 1-2, 2012.
“Voluntary Disclosure, Earnings Quality and Cost of Capital,” with Jennifer Francis and Per Olsson, Journal of Accounting Research, Vol. 46, No. 1, 2008.
“Dynamic Incentives and Dual-Purpose Accounting,” with Gerald Feltham and Raffi Indjejikian, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol. 42, No. 4, December 2006.
“Reexamining the Effect of Regulation Fair Disclosure: Using Foreign Listed Firms to Control for Concurrent Shocks,” with Jennifer Francis and Xin Wang, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol. 41, No. 3, September 2006.
“Earnings Management and Investor Protection: An International Comparison,” with Christian Leuz and Peter Wysocki, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 69, No. 3, September 2003.
“Discretionary Disclosure and Stock-based Incentives,” with Venkatesh Nagar and Peter Wysocki, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol. 34, No. 1-3, December 2002.
“Executive Target Bonuses and What They Imply About Performance Standards,” with Raffi Indjejikian, The Accounting Review, Vol. 77, No. 4, October 2002.
“Dynamic Incentives and Responsibility Accounting,” with Raffi Indjejikian, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol. 27, No. 2, April 1999.
Teaching and Professional Experience
- Associate Professor, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- Assistant Professor, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- Assistant Professor, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Ph.D., Business Administration, University of Rochester, 1997
- M.S., Management Science, University of Rochester, 1993
- B.S., Mathematics, St. Xaviers College, University of Bombay, 1986