Faculty and Staff
Director, Business Ethics Program, Co-Director, UM Ethics Programs, Professor, Business Law
- Legal and ethical aspects of health administration as well as corporate/community engagement and business ethics
Honors and Awards
- Awarded the 2009 UM Faculty Senate Outstanding Teaching Award, given to one faculty member in the University each year.
- Also in 2009, presented with the “Inside Out” Award by the Alumni Association for her efforts to bring alumni back to campus to engage in discussion about ethics.
- She is also the recipient of a 1996 Provost’s Excellence in Teaching Award, given to five University faculty members annually, as well as several School of Business Administration Excellence in Teaching Awards, most recently from the Undergraduate Business Program in May, 2011, and from the 2010 Executive MBA class in Health Administration.
Teaching and Professional Experience
- She serves as the Academic Director of the Latin America Healthcare Compliance Certification Program for the School of Business, which was launched in 2011
- Private practice in Washington, D.C., and Miami on matters ranging from national employment cases to commercial and consumer litigation
- Compliance training consultant, State Attorney’s Office “Recognizing and Preventing Sexual Harassment”
- Lecturer, Executive Education Center seminar series on Legal Aspects of Health Care Administration, University of Miami School of Business Administration
- Director, Business and Professional Ethics, University of Miami Forum on Bioethics and Philosophy
- Faculty Liaison, Greater Miami Alliance for Ethical Government
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1978
- B.A., with Distinction, Swarthmore College, 1975
- Health Care law and ethics, business ethics, corporate governance