Timothy R. Burch
Associate Professor, Finance
- Firm Scope
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Investment banking
- Market efficiency
“Who Moves Markets in a Sudden Market-Wide Crisis? Evidence from Nine-Eleven,” (coauthors Emery and Fuerst). Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
"Analyst Coverage, Information, and Bubbles,” (coauthors Andrade and Bian). Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
“A Practical Anti-Bubble Perscription,” (coauthors Andrade and Bian). The Economists' Voice.
“Locking Out Rival Bidders: The Use of Lockup Options in Corporate Mergers,” Journal of Financial Economics
“What Can 'Nine-Eleven' Tell Us about Closed-End Fund Discounts and Investor Sentiment?,” (coauthors Emery and Fuerst). Journal of Financial Research.
“Do Institutions Perfer High Value Acquirers? An Analysis of Trading in Stock-Financed Mergers,” (coauthors Nanda and Silveri). Journal of Financial Research.
“Taking Stock or Cashing In? Shareholder Style Preferences, Premiums and the Method of Payment,” (coauthors Nanda and Silveri). The Journal of Empirical Finance.
“Divisional Diversity and the Conglomerate Discount: The Evidence from Spinoffs,” Journal of Financial Economics, (coauthor Nanda)
“What’s in a Name? Hotelling’s Valuation Principle and Business School Namings,” The Journal of Business, (coauthor Nanda)
“Do Firms Time Equity Offerings? Evidence from the 1930s and 1940s, ” Financial Management (coauthors Christie and Nanda)
“Is Acquiring-Firm Shareholder Approval in Stock-for-Stock Mergers Perfunctory?” Financial Management, (coauthors Morgan and Wolf)
“Does it Pay to be Loyal? An Empirical Analysis of Underwriting Relationships and Fees,” Journal of Financial Economics, (coauthors Nanda and Warther)
Teaching and Professional Experience
- Academic Director, Master of Science in Finance (on-campus program)
- Dissertation Chair (Ryan Bubley)
- Corporate Finance and Investments (Undergraduate and MBA levels, on-campus and online)
- Member of American Finance Association, Financial Management Association, Southern Finance Association, Western Finance Association
- Ph.D., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1997
- B.S.B.A., University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1989
- Certificate, Actuarial Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1989