Faculty and Staff
Associate Professor, Management Science
Kosar Epstein 405
- In practice: Prescriptive Analytics and applications of mathematical modeling to a variety of problems, such as: product line simplification, scheduling (sports, crews, call centers, manufacturing), political districting, information display on maps, routing and transportation, location, and operations management in general.
- In theory: integration of optimization techniques, integer programming, constraint programming, metaheuristics and large neighborhood search.
"Optimizing the Layout of Proportional Symbol Maps: Polyhedra and Computation" (with G. Kunigami, P. J. de Rezende, C. C. de Souza). INFORMS Journal on Computing, 2013 (forthcoming).
Teaching and Professional Experience
- Consulting with Caterpillar Inc. and John Deere and Co. (through SmartOps Corp.) and with Major League Baseball (through the Sports Scheduling Group).
- University of Miami, Department of Management Science, 8/2005 - present
- Instructor in the MBA program, Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, Summer and Fall 2004
- Teaching Fellow, Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence, Carnegie Mellon University, 2002-2005
- Teaching Assistant for both MBA and PhD programs (23 times), Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, 2001-2005
- Ph.D., Operations Research, Carnegie Mellon University
- M.S., Operations Research, Carnegie Mellon University
- M.S., Computer Science, UNICAMP, Brazil
- B.S., Computer Engineering, UNICAMP, Brazil
- Prescriptive Analytics
- Operations Research
- Combinatorial Optimization