- Legal Liability of Firms
- International HRM
- Corporate Governance
Mezias, J.M. & S.J. Mezias 2010. Country Level Corruption as a Liability of Foreignness: Effects on Staffing, Incentives, and Activities. In Devinney, TM, Pedersen, T & L Tihanyi (eds.), Advances in International Management: The Past, Present and Future of International Business and Management, Volume 23: 267-291, New York, NY: Emerald.
"Diseconomies of managing in acquisitions: Evidence from civil lawsuits." Organization Science V20(1) 206-222 (coauthor with Shaver).
“Decision Making with Inaccurate, Unreliable Data.” In Hodgkinson, G. & Starbuck (Eds) Oxford Handbook of Organizational Decision Making. London: Oxford University Press (coauthor with Starbuck).
"Expatriate Adjustment, Development, and Retention: The Role of Mentoring." Journal of International Business Studies, V(36) n5: 519-538 (coauthor with Scandura).
"Before and After the Technology Sector Crash: Stock Market Response to Alliances of E-Commerce Firms." Strategic Management Journal, V(26) n11: 987-1007 (coauthor with Park).
“Identifying Liabilities of Foreignness and Strategies to Minimize Their Effects: The Case of Labor Lawsuit Judgments in the United States,” Strategic Management Journal.
"Alliance Strategies of E-Commerce Firms: A Resource-Based and Increasing Returns Perspective," Journal of Management (coauthor with Park).
“Changing Collective Cognition: A Process Model for Strategic Change,” Long Range Planning (coauthor with Grinyer and Guth).
"How to Identify Liabilities of Foreignness and Assess Their Effects on Multinational Corporations," Journal of International Management.
“Resource Partitioning, the Foundation of Specialist Firms, and Innovation: The American Feature Film Industry, 1912-1929,” Organization Science (coauthor with S.J. Mezias).
“Opening Pandora’s Box: Studying the Accuracy of Managers’ Perceptions,” Journal of Organizational Behavior (coauthor with Starbuck).
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of McLamore Summer Research Award, 2000, 2001, and 2004
- Best Paper Award: Academy of Management’s International Management Division, 2000
- SBA Excellence in Teaching Award, 2004 and 2009
- Teacher of the Year Nominee: Graduate Business Student Association, 1999 and 2004
- Most Popular Professor: BusinessWeek’s Survey of Recent UM MBAs, 2000
- Certificate of Appreciation: Graduate Business Student Association, 1999
Teaching and Professional Experience
- Executive Committee Member, Academy of Management’s International Management Division
- Co-editor Special Issue of the Journal of International Management, V(8) n3 2002
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of International Business Studies. 2005-Present, 2005-Present
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Strategic Management Journal, 2007-Present
- Track Chair, 2006 Academy of International Business Annual Meeting in Beijing, June 2006
- Director and Vice President, UM/Canterbury Preschool
- Co-founder and Director, Always Entertaining, Inc.
- Ph.D., NYU, 1998
- M.Phil., NYU, 1995
- B.S., NYU, 1991
- Strategic Management
- Leadership Development
- Team Process/Dynamics