- Work relationships—enhancing personal and organizational performance, including leader-member relationships, mentoring, teams and networks
- Applied research methods
(2016). Essentials of Organizational Behavior: An Evidence-Based Approach. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
(2015). Getting to “Fair”: Justice interactions as identity negotiation. Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies, 22(4), 418-432 (with C. Cooper).
(2014). Cultures have consequences: A configural approach to leadership across two cultures. The Leadership Quarterly, 25, 692-710 (with K. Lee and M. Sharif).
(2014). Do Perceptions of Ethical Conduct Matter During Organizational Change? Ethical Leadership and Employee Involvement. Journal of Business Ethics, 124(2), 185-196 (with M. Sharif).
(2011). Measurement invariance in mentoring research: A cross-cultural examination across Taiwan and the U.S. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 78, 274-282. (with C. Hu and E. K. Pellegrini).
(2010). Cross-cultural generalizability of paternalistic leadership: An empirical investigation, Group & Organization Management, 35, 391-420 (with E.K. Pellegrini and V. Jayaraman).
(2010). Exploring the effects of adaptive and expansive CEO leadership on innovation in high-technology firms. The Leadership Quarterly, 21, 75-88 (with M. Makri).
(2009). Balance in leader and follower perceptions of Leader-member Exchange: Relationships with performance and work attitudes. The Leadership Quarterly, 20, 452-465. (with C. Cogliser, C.A. Schriesheim and W.L. Gardner).
(2009). A meso measure? Examination of the levels of analysis of the multifactor leadership questionnaire (MLQ). The Leadership Quarterly, 20, 604-616. (with C.A. Schriesheim and J. Wu).
(2009). Understanding team-level career mentoring by leaders and its effects on individual team-source learning: The effects of intra-group processes. Human Relations, 62, 1635-1666. (with E.A. Williams, and M. Gavin).
(2008). Paternalistic Leadership: A review and agenda for future research. Journal of Management, 34, 566-593. (with E.K. Pellegrini).
(2005). A needs-driven approach to expatriate adjustment and career development: A multiple mentoring perspective. Journal of International Business Studies, 36, 519-538. (with J. Mezias).
(2005). Leader-member exchange (LMX), paternalism and delegation in the Turkish Business Culture: An empirical investigation. Journal of International Business Studies, 37, 264-279. (with E.K. Pelligrini).
Teaching and Professional Experience
- Visiting Scholar: Japan, the United Kingdom, Australia, the People’s Republic of China, and the United Arab Emirates
- Workshop presenter and speaker: the Academy of Management, Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology and the Academy of International Business
- Editorial Experience: Journal of International Business Studies (Departmental Editor), Organizational Research Methods, Journal of Management, Group and Organization Management (Associate Editor)
- Ph.D., University of Cincinnati, 1988
- BBA, University of Cincinnati, 1982
- Organizational Behavior
- Leadership and Team Processes
- Research Methods