Faculty and Staff
Associate Professor, Marketing
Kosar Epstein 515
- Cognitive properties of goals, self-regulation, associative learning
Laran, Juliano and Michael Tsiros (2013), "An Investigation of the Effectiveness of Uncertainty in Marketing Promotions Involving Free Gifts," Journal of Marketing, 77 (March), 112-23.
Laran, Juliano and Anthony Salerno (2013), "Life History Strategy, Food Choice, and Caloric Consumption," Psychological Science, 24 (February), 167-73.
Laran, Juliano, Amy Dalton, and Eduardo Andrade (2011), "Why Consumers Rebel Against Slogans," Harvard Business Review, November, 34.
Laran, Juliano and Keith Wilcox (2011), "Choice, Rejection, and Elaboration on Preference-Inconsistent Alternatives," Journal of Consumer Research, 38 (August), 229-41.
Laran, Juliano, Amy Dalton, and Eduardo Andrade (2011), "The Curious Case of Behavioral Backlash: Why Brands Produce Priming Effects and Slogans Produce Reverse Priming Effects," Journal of Consumer Research, 37 (April), 999-1014.
Teaching and Professional Experience
- Associate Professor, University of Miami
- Instructor, University of Florida
- Partner, Conversation and Culture English Institute
- Recent consulting areas include Marketing research, planning, and strategy
- Ph.D., University of Florida
- M.Sc., Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul
- B.A., Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos