The Graduate Admissions Committee welcomes applications from individuals whose undergraduate degrees in business are from accredited colleges or universities within the last seven years. Acceptance is based upon an evaluation of all credentials presented by the applicant.
The Complete Application
Applicants should read the instructions carefully before filling out the forms and should keep copies of all material submitted during the application process. Accelerated MBA in Real Estate applicants complete the same form as the One Year MBA online application. By submitting the online application, the applicant certifies the information provided in the application is complete and accurate.
The applicant also agrees that, if accepted, he or she will become familiar with and abide by the rules and regulations of the University of Miami, its Graduate School (as set forth in the Graduate Bulletin), the School of Business Administration, and Graduate Business Programs. The application and all supporting documentation become the confidential property of the School of Business and cannot be returned. The Admissions Committee will evaluate an application only after the file is complete with the following:
Application Fee - Waived
A current resume must be submitted with the application. Resumes should not be more than two pages in length.
Applicants must demonstrate a strong interest in the South Florida real estate market.
Candidates for admission are required to hold a baccalaureate degree. Applicants must demonstrate academic excellence and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5/4.0. Official transcripts for all undergraduate coursework as well as any post-graduate coursework from each university attended (including summer school, part-time study, or post-graduate even if only for one course) must be sent directly to the Graduate Business Programs office. An additional final transcript showing degree conferred and date of graduation should be sent after completion of any coursework still in progress at the time of admission.
Applicants who received a degree from an international institution must request two official transcripts in sealed envelopes from the university attended. One set must be sent directly to Graduate Business Programs. The second set must be submitted to an official translation service. A certified English translation of both the transcript and the diploma, along with the original transcript and a photocopy of the diploma, must then be submitted to Graduate Business Programs. Transcripts should be sent to Graduate Business Recruiting and Admissions, University of Miami, P.O. Box 248505, Coral Gables, Florida 33124-6524.
Letter of Recommendation
Each applicant is required to submit one letter of recommendation. Most applicants provide a recommendation from a college instructor or from an employer or immediate supervisor.
Candidates may be asked to interview with an Admissions representative prior to the Admission Committee's final decision. Ideal candidates must demonstrate a passion for real estate development. Interviews are by invitation only.
Official GMAT Score Reports
Applicants should demonstrate academic excellence with a competitive GMAT score. The applicant is required to submit a recent score (less than 5 years old) of the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). The GMAT is now administered as a computer-adaptive test (CAT) throughout North America and in many other parts of the world. Graduate Business Programs reserves the right to submit an applicant's GMAT score to Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
GMAT Code for University of Miami: 7NV-S1-96
For information and registration materials, please contact GMAC at: http://www.mba.com/
English Language Proficiency ExamsDemonstrating proficiency in written and oral English is crucial as students must participate in class discussions and presentations, as well as successfully complete written assignments. Therefore, International applicants whose native language is not English and/or who do not fulfill one of the criteria mentioned below must take an English language proficient exam. Graduate Business Programs accepts the following exams and respective scores:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): The TOEFL should have been taken within 2 years prior to application for admission; a minimum score of 587 (paper-based), 94 (internet-based) or 240 (computer-based) is required. Visit the TOEFL website, www.toefl.org, for more information. The TOEFL Code for the University of Miami is 5815.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): The IELTS should have been taken within 2 years prior to application for admission; a minimum score of 7.0 on IELTS is required. Visit the IELTS website, www.ielts.org, for more information. The IELTS Code for the University of Miami is 5815.
The above requirement may be waived for non-native English speakers provided the applicant fulfills one of the following criteria:
- An applicant has earned an undergraduate degree in a country where the official language is English (this does not include degrees from just English-speaking institutions or just a country where English is spoken).
- An applicant has studied in the United States at an undergraduate level for at least one year or the equivalent of 30 consecutive credits.
- An applicant has lived and worked in an English-speaking country for the past two or more years.