Welcome to the University of Miami School of Business
One-Year UM MBA Program
The One-Year MBA program at the University of Miami School of Business Administration is offered once per year in January. This program is innovative, flexible, and career focused. It is designed to meet the needs of the student with an undergraduate degree in business, who graduated in the last seven years from an accredited university. Accreditation is defined as national (AACSB International) or regional (SACS, MSCHE, NEASC, NCA, NAAS, WASC). Accredited degrees obtained outside of the United States will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The curriculum prepares business leaders of the future, adding a valuable dimension to their education.
- The One-Year MBA program is a 35-credit, cohort program that is completed in one year.
- There are no summer classes. Internship opportunities may be available through the Ziff Graduate Career Services Center during the summer months.
- The program is “lock-step” and students progress together through a sequential pattern of 1 or 2-credit courses.
- At orientation, group exercises serve as “ice breakers” for the cohort. However, permanent study groups are normally assigned at the instructors’ discretion.
- The program is composed of 20 courses, seven of which are electives.
- There are two semesters totaling 28 weeks of class time. Each semester consists of two 7 week terms.
- Students are registered for four to six courses per term
- Students enrolled in the Full-Time, two-year MBA Program are not eligible for this program. Waivers and course transfers are not permitted. Concentrations are not available or granted.