The University of Miami is on the semester system, which affords two major recruiting periods:
- September 1 through December 3
- January 24 through May 13
Your organization can tap into our remarkable resources - and solve some pressing short-term needs - even as you build goodwill and help shape tomorrow's business leaders. Whether you are looking for an internship or a full time position, recruitment is an investment in the future, and the University of Miami School of Business can be an unparalleled partner.
On the day of your visit, we continue to build our partnership with you by:
- Hosting a luncheon for you to meet with Ziff Center staff and faculty so that you can establish an effective referral network.
- Meeting with you at the end of the day to receive feedback on our students, our services and your overall campus experience.
Our standard interview schedule consists of 13 half-hour interviews beginning at 9:00 a.m. and ending at 5:00 p.m. We will, however, tailor a schedule to meet your needs, so don't hesitate to discuss your preferences or specific scheduling requirements with us.
When recruiting on campus, you can choose from the following types of interview schedules:
- Pre-screened/Closed - Based on your criteria, we can pre-screen and forward the résumés of qualified candidates to you in advance so you can select those who most closely meet your requirements. Once your selections are made, we will contact the students and arrange your interview schedule. This closed format allows you to spend your time most efficiently, interviewing only those students who represent the best candidate pool for your needs.
- Open - In an open format, interested candidates sign up on a first-come, first-served basis. Our computerized interview sign-up system ensures that only those students who meet your requirements are able to sign up. Prior to your visit, we will forward the resumes of the candidates on your schedule.
- Half Closed/Half Open - A hybrid of the first two options, this format allows you to review the résumés of qualified candidates and select seven students whom you want to interview. We will arrange their interview times for you. The open portion of the schedule offers six interview slots for qualified candidates who sign up on a first-come, first-served basis.
To schedule a date or learn about a variety of interview options, call The Ziff Center at (305) 284-6905 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.