The Undergraduate Business Programs advising team for the School of Business is located in Merrick Building, Room 104.
On-going communication and meetings with an advisor are recommended and provide students with the opportunity to discuss academic programs, career objectives, scholarship and internship possibilities, and other topics vital to overall academic development.
- Freshmen and transfer students are assigned an academic advisor who will offer guidance and recommendations for developing an undergraduate curriculum plan that results in the completion of an undergraduate degree
- Students with fewer than 45 credits and who are still completing foundational core business courses are required to schedule an advising appointment with their advisor prior to registering for courses for the next semester
- The University of Miami Undergraduate Bulletin describes all of the pertinent policies and procedures pertaining to the academic requirements, financial aid, student life, general programs and course descriptions. Each student is responsible for knowing and understanding the principles and guidelines detailed in the official University of Miami Bulletin
- Requests for deviation from department, program, or school requirements are granted only by written approval from the respective chairperson or dean
- Students who are in violation of the provisions of the Bulletin may be withdrawn unilaterally by appropriate School officials from classes, deleted as Business students or have a "STOP" placed upon their future enrollment
Students are also offered many opportunities to receive free tutorial assistance. The Academic Resource Center provides a comprehensive assistance program for a wide variety of courses. Additional tutoring labs include: the Writing Center, Math Lab, and Computer Labs.Requests for assistance in specific courses in the School of Business should be directed to the specific department or the Undergraduate Business Programs office.