- Students in the School of Business are responsible for complying with all program and degree requirements stipulated in provisions of the official academic bulletin that govern their program of study
- Students should seek assistance from their academic advisors and faculty members to discuss their academic options to their career aspirations
- Requests for deviation from department, program, or school requirements are granted only by written approval from the respective chairperson or dean
- Students who are in violation of the provisions of the Bulletin may be withdrawn unilaterally by appropriate School officials from classes, deleted as Business students or have a "STOP" placed upon theur future enrollment
- Students with fewer than 45 credits, or who are still completing their foundational core courses in the business curriculum, must schedule an advising appointment with an Academic Advisor, who must authorize the course selections for the following semester. Appointments may be made through the Undergraduate Business Programs office firstname.lastname@example.org or (305) 284-4641 in October (for fall) or March (for spring)
Your Advising Appointment
- Bring the most recent copy of your ACE to every meeting with your Academic Advisor. One may be printed from myUM
- Develop or update your Curriculum Plan. Course offerings are constantly changing, thus you may choose from a wide array of courses to fulfill the general education requirements (provided that you have fulfilled the prerequisites.) Check myUM or the UM Bulletin for course descriptions and prerequisites. Consult your Advisor if you are not sure of your options
- As soon as myUM course listings become available, check section offerings (class times) for preferred courses and begin configuring some potential schedules. Faculty evaluations from previous semesters are also available for you to view. Remember to always have a "Plan B" and a "Plan C"
- With Advisor approval, you may elect to take a course for your minor, if you have selected one. This is especially true for Music Business minors, Communication minors, and Foreign Language minors. Check the UM Bulletin under the appropriate School of College or consult the appropriate departmental office for specifics. Remember that minors are not obligatory for Business students
- Please check myUM to see if you have any "STOPS" that would prevent you from registering on your assigned date
- Make sure that your address and e-mail information are up-to-date, that your immunization record has been filed with the Student Health Center, and that parking tickets and library fines have been paid
A new study with implications for online retailers finds that the likelihood that shoppers will make a purchase online is directly related to the number of product options that are displayed and to how the product information is displayed – either visually or with text.
On his way to meet President Barack Obama in Washington, Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos Calderón paid a special visit to the University of Miami Monday to promote growing opportunities amid the growing promise of peace in his nation, South Florida’s second largest trading partner.
Just weeks after key provisions of the Affordable Care Act take effect in 2014, the School of Business will bring together national health care, health care policy and business leaders for a conference focused on the transformation of the U.S. health care system and its impact on business.
Jack Sim, founder of the Singapore-based World Toilet Organization and also known as "Mr. Toilet," spoke to students about how social entrepreneurs can enlist support for their causes and explored his own journey in trying to create access to toilets for 2.5 billion people worldwide.
It takes individual talent, an entrepreneurial attitude and mutual respect for a family business to succeed, according to three panelists who spoke at the School as part of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Dec 13 - Dec 15
The School welcomes expert researchers from around the world in all areas of behavioral finance and economics at the third annual Behavioral Finance Conference.
The Fall 2013 undergraduate and graduate degree ceremony will take place on Thursday, December 19 at 10:00 a.m. at the BankUnited Center on the Coral Gables campus.
Jun 26 - Jun 29
The 23nd Annual Frontiers in Service Conference will be held June 26-29, 2014 in Miami, Florida. Featuring a unique international mix of business people and academics, it is the world’s leading annual conference on service research.