- Students in the School of Business are responsible for complying with all program and degree requirements stipulated in provisions of the official academic bulletin that govern their program of study
- Students should seek assistance from their academic advisors and faculty members to discuss their academic options to their career aspirations
- Requests for deviation from department, program, or school requirements are granted only by written approval from the respective chairperson or dean
- Students who are in violation of the provisions of the Bulletin may be withdrawn unilaterally by appropriate School officials from classes, deleted as Business students or have a "STOP" placed upon theur future enrollment
- Students with fewer than 45 credits, or who are still completing their foundational core courses in the business curriculum, must schedule an advising appointment with an Academic Advisor, who must authorize the course selections for the following semester. Appointments may be made through the Undergraduate Business Programs office firstname.lastname@example.org or (305) 284-4641 in October (for fall) or March (for spring)
Your Advising Appointment
- Bring the most recent copy of your ACE to every meeting with your Academic Advisor. One may be printed from myUM
- Develop or update your Curriculum Plan. Course offerings are constantly changing, thus you may choose from a wide array of courses to fulfill the general education requirements (provided that you have fulfilled the prerequisites.) Check myUM or the UM Bulletin for course descriptions and prerequisites. Consult your Advisor if you are not sure of your options
- As soon as myUM course listings become available, check section offerings (class times) for preferred courses and begin configuring some potential schedules. Faculty evaluations from previous semesters are also available for you to view. Remember to always have a "Plan B" and a "Plan C"
- With Advisor approval, you may elect to take a course for your minor, if you have selected one. This is especially true for Music Business minors, Communication minors, and Foreign Language minors. Check the UM Bulletin under the appropriate School of College or consult the appropriate departmental office for specifics. Remember that minors are not obligatory for Business students
- Please check myUM to see if you have any "STOPS" that would prevent you from registering on your assigned date
- Make sure that your address and e-mail information are up-to-date, that your immunization record has been filed with the Student Health Center, and that parking tickets and library fines have been paid
Rather than turn to an expensive consulting firms, 10 companies asked students in the School's entrepreneurship program for help, as part of the Student Entrepreneurial Consulting capstone course.
Papers co-authored by accounting professors from the School of Business have won both of two prestigious awards presented annually by the American Accounting Association (AAA).
New ventures including a mobile application for shopping, a data analytics solution for hospitals to reduce heart failure readmissions, and art deco chocolates that represent South Florida’s cultural mecca have taken top honors in the University of Miami’s 2014 Business Plan Competition, hosted by the university’s School of Business.
26 MBA students spent their spring break in China on a 10-day trip making visits to Chinese businesses and manufacturers as part of a two-credit graduate course, "Business in China: An In-Country Experience."
According to a new School of Business study to be published in the Journal of Consumer Research in June, sadness can combat over-indulgence in unhealthy foods.
The Spring 2014 graduate degree ceremony will take place on Thursday, May 8 at 4:00 p.m. at the BankUnited Center on the Coral Gables campus.
The Spring 2014 undergraduate and graduate degree ceremony will take place on Friday, May 9 at 5:00 p.m. at the BankUnited Center on the Coral Gables campus.
Jun 26 - Jun 29
The 23nd Annual Frontiers in Service Conference will be held June 26-29, 2014 in Miami, Florida. Featuring a unique international mix of business people and academics, it is the world’s leading annual conference on service research.