The Office of Undergraduate Research and Student Support Services offers services to assist you in applying to a Master in Business Administration (MBA) program. These services complement the academic advising you receive from your School’s or College’s Office of Undergraduate Advising. The Pre-MBA Manual is available on-line for all students at the University of Miami.
Selecting an MBA program needs to be a well thought-out and researched decision. In selecting an MBA program, students should examine their individual priorities and consider the following factors: Where can I get in (GPA/GMAT/years of work experience)? Should I work full-time first and then go back to school? What is the reputation of the MBA program-is it AACSB accredited? How much will it cost? What is the location? What is the size? What special programs are offered? What joint degree programs are offered? What are the job opportunities when I graduate? These, along with a host of other considerations, are important factors that will ultimately determine which MBA program you will attend.
For answers to the above questions, I hope you will find the Pre-MBA Manual, along with information in 104 Merrick, helpful in your search. Confidential counseling appointments are available by calling 284-4641. The Office of Undergraduate Research and Student Support Services will sponsor many informational programs throughout the year. Look at the bulletin board outside 104 Merrick for upcoming workshops and events.
Dr. Elisah B. Lewis
Undergraduate Research and Student Support Services
The Office of Undergraduate Research and Student Support Services provides a variety of services to all University of Miami students interested in applying for an MBA. For an appointment, call 284-4641 or stop by 104 Merrick.
Pre-MBA services include:
- Pre-MBA Counseling: confidential counseling in preparation for applying for an MBA (i.e. application process, GMAT preparation, general information, and discussion of your concerns)
- The Pre-MBA Manual: information about MBA programs for all students
- MBA-related books, and careers in business information available in 104 Merrick
- GMAT information
- Information for campus and community events relating to Pre-MBA: such as the MBA World Tour
- Graduate School Information Sessions
- GMAT tutoring: private-small group tutoring by faculty members, 6-week sessions are throughout the year
- Programs and seminars in coordination with other University of Miami departments such as: UM School of Business Graduate Business Recruiting and Admissions, Toppel Career Planning Center, the Counseling Center, and the Academic Development Center