Showcasing Women in Finance
The Academic Female Finance Committee (AFFECT) is a committee of the American Finance Association that aims to promote the advancement of women academics in the field of finance.
The Department of Finance at the University of Miami School of Business Administration and AFFECT will jointly host their first conference on Showcasing Women in Finance. AFFECT is a committee of the American Finance Association (AFA) that aims to promote the advancement of women academics in the field of finance.
The conference will be held at the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida. It will showcase female role models in finance and provide an avenue for more junior researchers to receive feedback on their research and careers.
Renée Adams, a professor of finance and the Commonwealth Bank Chair in Finance at the University New South Wales Business School and the chair of AFFECT will deliver the keynote address on the topic of “Women in Finance.”
The conference will begin with breakfast and will feature the presentation of six papers. Presenters will each have 20-25 minutes to present their papers, followed by a 15-20 minute discussion.
The discussants include:
- Renée Adams, Professor of Finance, Commonwealth Bank Chair in Finance, New South Wales Business School
- Francesca Cornelli, Professor of Finance, London Business School
- Michelle Lowry, TD Bank Endowed Professor, Drexel University LeBow College of Business
- Adair Morse, Associate Professor of Finance, University of California at Berkeley, Haas School of Business
- Manju Puri, J. B. Fuqua Professor of Finance, Duke University Fuqua School of Business
- Paola Sapienza, Donald C. Clark/HSBC Chair in Consumer Finance and Professor of Finance, Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management
The conference will close with a dinner.
Papers from all areas of finance will be considered. We encourage submissions from junior researchers and doctoral students. Papers that are at an early stage (but completed) will receive priority. Please do not submit a paper that has been accepted or is close to being accepted for publication in a journal. The submission deadline is January 15, 2017. Authors of selected papers will be notified by mid-February, 2017.
All reasonable travel expenses of presenters and discussants will be covered, up to a limit of $350 for participants from the U.S. and $750 for participants from other countries. Hotel accommodations for up to two nights will be provided at the historic Biltmore Hotel.
For additional information about the conference, please email email@example.com.Conference Organizers
- Vidhi Chhaochharia firstname.lastname@example.org
- Henrik Cronqvist email@example.com
- Renée Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carina Cuculiza email@example.com
- Julia Hatamyar firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sima Jannati email@example.com
- Sarah Khalaf firstname.lastname@example.org